Summer plans – TV list 2010
April 23, 2010 § 3 Comments
Along with my rather ambitious summer reading plans, I also have some TV shows that I want to catch up on, or even watch for the first time. (It goes without saying though that the biggest TV event for me this summer will be the 2010 World Cup from South Africa.)
- The Office – I haven’t seen anything since right before Jim and Pam’s wedding, and I have no idea if this season has even been any good. But there’s a guy at school who always has his gchat status set as a Dwight Schrute quote, and it makes me miss Dwight, if not the entire show.
- Modern Family – I saw the first two or three episodes of this last fall, then realized that I had no business watching TV, and needed to be studying. But, what I saw was hilarious, and I want to see the rest.
- Community – I saw the extended commercial for this show, and that was enough for me to know I wanted to see it. And then I started law school.
- The Wire – A local radio guy who I have met a couple of times has talked up this show, and everyone else who mentions it talks about it like it is the best show that was ever on television. (Does anyone near me have this on DVD so I can borrow it?)
- Arrested Development – I never actually made it through this entire series, and that makes me sad. By far the funniest show I have ever watched.
- Parenthood – I’m at the stage in life where shows about Parenthood are more relevant to me than anything else. (I will now go punch myself in the face and wonder when I got so old.)
- Fringe – Amazingly good show from last year that also fell to the wayside due to my law school ways. (Don’t think that I haven’t considered that I made the wrong decision, simply based on television alone.
- FlashForward – the premise looked good, so I’ll give it a try. If it’s bad, I’ll add the book to my reading list instead.
Any other shows that I should check out this summer? Are any of these not worth my time? (A big shout out to Hulu for making most of this possible.)