Summer plans – book list 2010
March 28, 2010 § 2 Comments
One of the things I am most looking forward to this summer in my “free time” (and I use that term VERY loosely) is a return to getting to read again for pleasure, instead of for school. Here’s a list of what I would like to read this summer.
- Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, by Seth Grahame-Smith
- The Girl who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest, by Stieg Larsson
- Mad Church Disease, by Anne Jackson
- Failures of the Presidents: From the Whiskey Rebellion and the War of 1812 to the Bay of Pigs and War in Iraq, by Thomas J. Craughwell
- The Pacific, by Hugh Ambrose
- A Whole New Mind, by Daniel H. Pink
- The Historian, by Elizabeth Kostova
- The Road, by Cormac McCarthy
- The Pillars of the Earth, by Ken Follett
- Game Change: Obama and the Clintons, McCain and Palin, and the Race of a Lifetime, by John Heileman and Mark Halperin.
- This Present Darkness, by Frank Peretti
Anybody read any of these? Anything I should avoid? Anything I should add to the list?